On the show today, I’m talking to Andrew Doust of KORE Venture. Andrew has made his life’s mission to help guide the next generation of young adults from families of wealth, allowing them to make the best possible decisions for their future as an individual, as well as how to serve as a steward their family’s wealth.
With two decades of experience working with families of wealth, Andrew has seen the younger generations consistently struggle to flourish as they grow. So, Andrew is here to discuss how he helps parents and their kids create an environment that allows them to contribute in a positive way as they move through the world.
Tune in this week as Andrew and I discuss his role in helping the rising generation within families of wealth see the fortune in their hands as a tool and not a burden. Andrew believes that with great contribution comes great fulfillment, and is a big proponent of intergenerational curiosity, helping children and their parents understand the unique positions they are in, and how they can best move forward.
I am launching my second Family Business Leader Mastermind this coming April. So, if you’re a family business leader and you’re interested in exploring this work further, send me an email for more details.
What You Will Discover:
- How Andrew helps this rising generation discover a place in this world and do something meaningful and fulfilling, just as their parents did.
- Why Andrew believes the mission of KORE Venture is vital in today’s world.
- What Andrew sees as the problem with a lot of existing programs for the next generation.
- The insecurities and fears that young adults from families of wealth feel when they start being recognized as the rising generation.
- Why forging a life as an individual can be so challenging when your surname already carries so much weight and expectation in the world
- The most common concerns wealthy parents have when they come to Andrew.
- Where parents and their kids struggle to communicate effectively around these issues, and how Andrew helps families listen to each other properly and generate curiosity and emotional connection.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Full Episode Transcript:
Subscribe to the Successful Generations Podcast
Don’t risk missing out on any of the fun that is to come.
Want more of Successful Generations?
Want more episodes of the Successful Generations Podcast? Get them here.
Have a topic suggestion?
If you are the next generation of family business, philanthropy and wealth, and have a topic you think we should discuss, let us know at Ellie@successfulgenerations.com.