We live in the age of busy. (Did you catch my recent blog post on The Badge of Busyness?)
Think of all the times you ask friends how they’re doing. I bet more times than not in return, you hear, ‘I’m so busy.’ These days we’re pulled in a thousand different directions, and as a result, we struggle to find time for ourselves and our loved ones.
With summer winding down, I am reissuing my Pause, Reflect & Connect Challenge. You may remember this episode from last summer. For the next 4-5 days, I challenge you to intentionally take time to pause, reflect, and connect with yourself and the people you love most in your life.
- What gets scheduled gets done, so immediately block time on your calendar to Pause, Reflect & Connect.
- Write two lists:
- On the first list, write things you can do to pause, reflect, and connect with YOURSELF.
- On the second list, write things you can do to pause, reflect, and connect with LOVED ONES.
- Highlight the activities you will do in these next 4-5 days. Plug those activities into your calendar where you’ve blocked time.
- Share your activities with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I might feature your activity in a future episode. I can also be your accountability partner.
- Have fun and create memories!
Examples of things you can do:
- Turn off your phone and computer for HOURS at a time
- Take a five senses walk
- Focus on your breathing without letting your mind wander
- Meditate (try the Headspace app if you are new to meditation)
- Not into writing? Do something as simple as listing 3-5 things that you’re grateful for each day
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Right Click and “Save As” to download this episode to your phone.
Don’t risk missing out on any of the fun that is to come.
Sign up for our weekly email!
Have a topic suggestion?
If you are the next generation of family business, philanthropy and wealth, and have a topic you think we should discuss, let us know at Ellie@successfulgenerations.com.