If you’re encountering difficult and often uncomfortable power dynamics in your family systems, trust me, you are not alone. Power dynamics are at play in all workspaces, but when you’re working so closely with your family, they can get really tricky. If this sounds familiar, you need to listen closely to this episode.
My next-generation clients especially come to me feeling a range of emotions, from disrespected and obligated to trapped and helpless, and this makes it difficult to show up as the leader they know they can be. But the good news is there are things you can do to improve your experience, even if the other people in your family aren’t going to change.
Tune in this week to discover how to cultivate more awareness around the power dynamics within your family enterprise. I’m sharing where my clients struggle in this area, how I coach them, and how you can step into being an effective and confident leader and communicate with your family better than ever.
If you can’t get aligned or on the same page, don’t give up. Try this simple framework, my Same Page Leadership Framework instead.
What You Will Discover:
- Some examples from my clients of their experience of power dynamics within their family system.
- How to take a deep look and become aware of the power dynamics that are around you.
- Why we have to be mindful not to judge ourselves throughout this process.
- How to focus on the facts of the situation instead of getting stuck in the drama.
- What you can do to figure out what is actually within your control here, and what is not.
- How to use all this information to plan and be more effective in your family business, regardless of the power dynamics that currently exist.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- The Family Business Leader Mastermind is now accepting applications.
- The National Center for Family Philanthropy
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
Have a topic suggestion?
If you are the next generation of family business, philanthropy and wealth, and have a topic you think we should discuss, let us know at Ellie@successfulgenerations.com.