Do you look forward to having those tough conversations in your family business? Very few of us do. We know they’re coming, but when we’re around the boardroom table with our family, things can get pretty messy. However, I have two amazing tools that I’ve learned directly from two different family enterprise leaders for how to navigate those tough conversations, and I’m sharing them with you today.
I’ve found that the tools I’m bringing you today are exactly what I teach my clients to use when discussions get heated. And it’s truly amazing how much progress can be made when we apply ourselves and commit to communicating, even when the thought of doing so scares us.
Join me on the podcast to discover my two favorite tools to use when you know a tough conversation is coming. I’m sharing why knowing what hat you’re going to wear is so important, and how to focus on the things you can change, instead of getting frustrated about what you can’t.
If you can’t get aligned or on the same page, don’t give up. Try this simple framework, my Same Page Leadership Framework instead.
What You Will Discover:
- Why it’s so common for boardroom conversations with family members to descend into frustration and anger.
- How to know if the way you’re currently dealing with these tough conversations isn’t working.
- Why the hat that you decide to show up in matters way more than you think.
- What I tell my clients when they desperately want the other members of their family to change.
- How to make these conversations easier.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- The Family Business Leader Mastermind is now accepting applications.
- John Davis’ Three Circles Model
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
Have a topic suggestion?
If you are the next generation of family business, philanthropy and wealth, and have a topic you think we should discuss, let us know at Ellie@successfulgenerations.com.