We live in the age of busy. Think of all the times you ask friends how they’re doing. I bet more times than not in return you hear, “I’m so busy.” We all do it—run about wearing our ‘badge of busyness’ (more about this in a future episode). These days we’re pulled in a thousand different directions, and as a result, we struggle to find time for ourselves and our loved ones.
In this Power20 Episode, I’m issuing the Reflect and Connect Challenge. For the next four days, I want challenge you to intentionally take time for yourself to pause and reflect, and connect with your loved ones.
How to do the Reflect and Connect Challenge:
- Block time one your calendar to Pause, Reflect and Connect. It must go on your calendar. What gets scheduled gets done.
- Write two lists: On the first list things you can do to pause and reflect. On the second, list things you can do to connect with family. I provide some examples below to get you going (nmore details in the episode).
- Highlight the activities you will do in these next four days. Plug those activities into your calendar where you’ve blocked time.
- Share your activities with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I might feature your activity in a future episode. I will also be your accountability partner here.
- Pause, reflect and connect. Have fun and create memories!
Examples of Reflect Activities:
- Turn off your phone and computer for HOURS at a time
- Try a five senses walk
- Focus on your breathing without letting your mind wander
- Meditate, try the headspace app if you are new to meditation
- Not into writing, start by listing five things you’re grateful for each day
Examples of Connect Activities:
- Make time to make memories
- Be there, wholly; be present
- Find activities you love to do together
- Go on an adventure
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Don’t risk missing out on any of the fun that is to come.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Want more of Successful Generations? Check out our other episodes:
Have a topic suggestion?
If you are the next generation of family business, philanthropy and wealth, and have a topic you think we should discuss, let us know at Ellie@successfulgenerations.com.