We’re talking today about one of my favorite topics: emotions. Specifically, I’m discussing processing emotions while you’re at work, which comes up for so many of my clients. So, if you regularly feel a sense of overwhelm, anger, or anxiety around your day-to-day at work, or you know somebody who is currently in this headspace, this episode is for you.
I work with high-achieving leaders who are under a lot of pressure in their jobs. We’re talking anywhere up to hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue in their family business, so they have a lot going on. And what I’m sharing with you today is exactly the process that has helped my clients get a handle on their emotions, making every day easier and more fulfilling.
Tune in this week to discover the truth about where our emotions come from, how we deal with them by default, and how we should be addressing them instead. I’m sharing tips for identifying your emotions and deciphering where they’re coming from so you can deal with them before they spill out and make a real mess.
If you can’t get aligned or on the same page, don’t give up. Try this simple framework, my Same Page Leadership Framework instead.
What You Will Discover:
- Why identifying our emotions is the secret sauce to great leadership.
- How to see where your emotions are impacting your performance at work, positively or negatively.
- Where our emotions really come from and how to see this as it’s happening.
- What our Emotional Armoire is and how we use it, both to our advantage and to our detriment.
- How to deal with an overflowing Emotional Armoire before it becomes a problem.
- Two simple exercises to bring a new awareness to your emotions, so you can move forward and lead strong again.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- The Family Business Leader Mastermind is now accepting applications.
- Bev Aron
- Lindsay Dotzlaf
- Maggie Reyes
- Left Brain Vs. Right Brain
- Emotion Wheel
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
Have a topic suggestion?
If you are the next generation of family business, philanthropy and wealth, and have a topic you think we should discuss, let us know at Ellie@successfulgenerations.com.