Have you ever come back from vacation and thought, “I seriously need a real vacation”? We’ve all been there. We’ve taken what we believed would be a rejuvenating break from reality, but instead of relaxing and recharging, we return tired and frustrated, either because work got in the way, or just the stressors of trying to keep everyone entertained.
Well, it doesn’t have to be this way. And in this episode, I’m inviting you to try purposefully planning your vacation with the same level of precision that you plan every other aspect of your life, whether that’s work, workouts, or personal care appointments.
Note: this is not about planning your ideal vacation and dragging everyone else along. This is how to plan a vacation that meets everybody’s needs, whether that’s relaxation, exhilaration, or just a great buffet.
Tune in this week as I guide you through the only vacation resource you’ll ever need: my Purposeful Vacation Planning Tool. Trust me, if you need a real break, this is the way to make it happen.
If you can’t get aligned or on the same page, don’t give up. Try this simple framework, my Same Page Leadership Framework instead.
What You Will Discover:
- Why planning your vacation with your family guarantees a better time.
- What it means to intentionally plan a vacation aligned with everyone’s wants and needs.
- The importance of having a work plan, for when reality calls and you need to be available.
- How to step into the mindset required to plan an amazing vacation that everyone will enjoy.
- The step-by-step process for purposefully creating an aligned vacation.
- How to review how the vacation went, whether it met everyone’s listed priorities, and how to use this information to make the next vacation even better.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- The Family Business Leader Mastermind is now accepting applications.
- Purposeful Vacation Planning Tool
- Ep #2: Same-Page Leadership
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
Have a topic suggestion?
If you are the next generation of family business, philanthropy and wealth, and have a topic you think we should discuss, let us know at Ellie@successfulgenerations.com.