Last week, I spoke about the concept of Same-Page Leadership. This week, I want to share some examples in practice and how significant others working in business can get and stay on the same page. I start with a story from some of my clients, a husband and wife duo learning how to work together in the same company.
Some of the issues they were having included constantly being business partners instead of husband and wife. Their relationship was taking a backseat in their lives, as it does for so many significant others in business together. In this episode, I dig deeper into what works for them when they need to sort out an issue and put their relationship first.
My husband and I have similar discussions and differences, but we do slightly different things. Although we don’t work in the same business, we are growing our careers and practices. For years, we bickered and fought over minor miscommunications until we got advice from some of our friends who were in a similar life situation but were much more aligned in their daily endeavors.
When you get into alignment and understanding with your significant other, it means fewer arguments and issues at home; it means a healthier relationship between you and them and a healthier relationship with your business. If you are ready for all of that, this will be a great episode for you.
If you work with your significant other and you would like to have a Mastermind of other couples who work together, consider joining our Wellness Mastermind for Leaders or email me at email@example.com.
What You Will Discover:
- The issues you might have as a business partner with your spouse.
- How to identify the ways that you might and might not be on the same page.
- Why it is important to separate your business and home issues.
- The skill of identifying what the actual problem is.
- Why you shouldn’t avoid the issues and why you should, instead, align yourselves.
- The importance of a family calendar and business meetings.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Send me an email for more details about The Family Business Leader Mastermind.
- Ep #2: Same-Page Leadership
- Ep #64: Next-Gen Leadership Development
- Ep #11: Digging Into the Family Business Landscape
Full Episode Transcript:
Enjoy the Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow the podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or RSS.
- Leave me a review in Apple Podcasts.
Have a topic suggestion?
If you are the next generation of family business, philanthropy and wealth, and have a topic you think we should discuss, let us know at Ellie@successfulgenerations.com.